RSS

Wowza!

Yikes! It's been a REALLY long time since I last did a post. I guess I'm not cut out for this blog thing. Well, to catch you all up since last time I wrote.... not a lot of new has happened. Wes and I close to our 5 month anniversary (awww) and have never been happier. Work is going great and I absolutely love my students that I have this year.

As I write, Wes and his dad are actually at Wal-Mart participating and snatching up Black Friday deals. The last couple of years have almost become a tradition for shopping. Because Wes always has to work on the Friday after Thanksgiving, his family has come up to Des Moines to share it with us. The last 2 years have been great and this year is not exception. We eat, watch movies, and then scour the Des Moines Register Ads while making a list of potential Christmas gifts to purchase. Now, to be honest, many of the things I wrote down were clothing items and most of them caught my eye. I'm not getting up insanely early to buy stuff for myself, but I will definitely be making a trip to Younkers tomorrow to use my $10 off coupon. Wes and his dad will be going back to Wal-Mart at 5am for some early purchases. Not my cup of tea.

On a completely different note, I think I have decided to set a goal to run a half marathon. It has been something I've wanted to do for a while and many of my friends have blogged about their experiences. However, I'm a VERY beginning runner, so I am quite apprehensive about the prospect of the distance just because right now I can't run even a mile without feeling like I'm going to die. Anyone out there want to train with me???

Well, I'll end this by saying that I promise it won't be 4 months until I post again. I guess I feel silly writing on this if no one is reading it. So, if you are, let me know!

3 comments:

Polly said...

A half marathon?! Good for you Rose!! Which one are you thinking of doing? You can TOTALLY do it. Runnersworld.com can set you up with a personalized training plan that's very manageable. Good luck!

Polly

Unknown said...

I'm reading! :) I just now found that you were even blogging. I'm officially a follower. :)

Misty said...

I recently read a blog on the NYTimes website about a girl who ran her first marathon. I thought it was super inspirational, so I am sharing it with you.

Part 1 http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/06/sweat-already-a-winner/?scp=1&sq=already%20a%20winner&st=cse

Part 2 http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/08/she-got-her-gold-more-important-she-earned-her-gold/

Good luck with your training! I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures.

P.S. You may want to add the "follow me" gadget on your page so that people can officially follow you through google.

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Their Junk... My Treasure! All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes