Hello! So here is my second post and so far I don't have any followers :( I hope that changes very soon! I think I will post some pictures tonight and maybe people will flock to see how interesting me life is.
So I love the Iowa State Fair! It brings back memories from when I was a young 4-Her in the Garryowen Guys and Gals 4-H Club. None of my projects ever made it to the state fair, but I did get several honorable mentions. I guess that counts for something! Anyway, I LOVE walking around, watching the Bill Riley Talent Show, perusing through the livestock barns, enjoying some tasty food, and of course... people watching! Last year, Wes and I sat on a bench across from the grandstand for probably an hour or two and just watched people walk by. There are sure some interesting people out there. I bet people say that when I walk by though :)
Last night Wes and I went to the Newsboys & MercyMe concert with a group from our church. It was a very spiritual experience. This was the 2nd Christian concert I've been too (Casting Crowns was the first) and I hope to be able to go to many many more. At the end of the concert, MercyMe performed their famous, "I Can Only Imagine" and I had tears in my eyes. Across the screen were pictures of people and their loved ones they've lost. It is such a moving and emotional song. The concert was fabulous despite the HEAT! Here are a few pictures of us all sweaty at the concert.
2 comments:
rose! i will follow you:) i've done a terrible job keeping in touch with people from graceland, but i think blogs are a lovely way of reconnecting! i'm so happy to see what a beautiful life you have:)
Oh man I love the fair! Wish I was there!
Post a Comment