RSS

Craiglist Find!

Whilst waiting for the paint to dry on my new bathroom vanity, I found this fantastic coffee table on Craigslist for $20!  
I loved that it was real wood and not that fake particle board stuff, but I wasn't loving the light oak color. This was the color I was trying to get rid of in the bathroom!  So I decided to paint it turquoise. Turquoise?  I bet you think I'm crazy, but I had a plan in my head.  The first step was to sand this baby down to remove the previous finish. I then primed it using a tinted primer, and then painted it Valspar Latex - Sprig.

The next morning, after the paint had dried, I distressed it using my sandpaper block.  Distressing means making the piece look antiqued- chipping away some paint and "roughing" it up a little bit.  The last step was to add a glaze to give it a bit of shine. I wanted it to match the shine in a picture in my living room.  Here is the finished table - all finished! 
Check out the distressed parts where the oak color comes through!  Isn't the iridescent shine beautiful?  I think it looks gorgeous with this picture hanging in the living room.

Total Cost:  Craiglist Table - $20
Paint from Lowes  (Sample Sizes on sale ) - $2.97
Iridescent Glaze - already had
Total:  $22.97

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Their Junk... My Treasure! All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes